Monday, April 13, 2009

roots.

  When I was young I was very sheltered. I grew up on a plantation in the middle of nowhere, went to a small private school, wasn't allowed to eat chocolate or Fruity Pebbles, or watch Rugrats. That was always a big deal to me. My parents raised me the best they could and I love them, it's just that I didn't get to experience 'regular' things. 
  When I moved at the end of middle school I kept that persona. I didn't have time to look before I jumped. It hit me, or rather I hit it, going a hundred miles an hour, and all of the sudden I was way over my head.  Not necessarily in a bad way, I just had no idea how to handle what was ahead of me. The city and all of the people in it, it was all a new language to me. I handled most situations very badly.   Don't get me wrong, I'm not making excuses for myself. I was just always the kid that looked down on drinking and experiencing new things, was afraid of having a boyfriend, never wanted tattoos.     
  I don't regret what I have done in the past because I learned from every second of it. If you didn't know me back then, I was a wreck. I am sorry for hurting people along the way though.


Image and video hosting by TinyPic


No comments:

Post a Comment