Monday, May 11, 2009

gota take what i make and turn it into somethin'.

"The more people you know, the more problems you have."
The rumors I hear about me make me laugh, but they're so believable. I don't understand how people get so much pleasure in making up things about me. The only part about them that would bother me is losing people i care about. I think that I once deserved to be ridiculed and have death glares thrown in my direction, but I think that I deserve more than that now.
No place feels like home.
The other afternoon I was coming back from West Ashley, driving over the bridge, and my heart felt like it was about to burst I was so happy. The sun was setting, and all the windows were down. Everything was so much brighter, and I was singing without realizing it. That was short lived.
Honestly the only places that have ever felt like home were woods (they probably only felt like home because I had been climbing trees and digging since I could remember) and your arms (that sounds cliche, but I can't explain how alive I felt.)
I'm not necessarily running, just trying something new. I won't sit at home all day or run around aimlessly. It's a chance for me to focus.
I don't care who disagrees or doesn't believe in me. I'm doing this for myself. I don't need approval.
I won't be in Africa. A straight 99 mile road and you're there.

2 comments: